Pages

Saturday, December 18

Yamashita Tomohisa - Ashita no Joe updates!

Ashita no Joe will be released on 02/11/11
An event for the upcoming movie “Ashita no Joe“, which is a live-action adaptation of the legendary boxing manga, was held on December 17th, and Yamashita Tomohisa (NEWS), who plays the main character, Yabuki Joe, and the director of the movie, Sori Fumihiko, showed up at the event.
Yamashita lost 8.5 kg for the role, and reduced his body fat percentage to 5% in order to give his body a more realistic look.
At the event, Yamashita’s life-sized figure was introduced, and Yamashita talked about those hard training days, “It was hard to make a boxer’s body in limited time.  I was only eating vegetables and protein, so I was always hungry, and it made me realize the importance of food.”  He also said that he went to eat yakiniku after finishing shooting for the film, “I forgot how meat tasted like, so when I ate it I was like ‘Was this how meat tasted?’, but it was really delicious.

Life-sized figurine of Yamapi's newly sculpted body revealed by Sponichi Annex
Source: TokyoHive

No comments:

Post a Comment


credits to TAGA-DON