Pages

Sunday, June 1

Anime Detour 2014: Cosplays, Panels and more (April 2014)

After my first anime convention - Anime Fusion last year (click here to check my previous post about it), I made it to the point to go to another one because it was so much fun - So many panels to attend, so much stuff to buy in the Dealers's room, so many cosplayers, sleepless nights, and karaoke!

Together with my friends, I attended the Anime Detour 2014 held at Double Tree by Hilton hotel. It was also my birthday week so going to the convention and splurging money (not really :p) on the Dealer's room was my birthday gift to myself.

Rain or snow, there's no stopping us lol! Here is the view outside our hotel room before everything was covered by snow. It was snowing nonstop until the next day and all you can see was white and people getting stuck in ditches ,shoveling their way out and pushing their cars.


Cosplays

Got more pictures of cosplayers this time! :) Can you guess who they are?















Panels

My friend lead a panel for Fan Fiction: DOs and and DON'Ts and it was a success. So many people went and the room was so full. b(^_^)d


One of the panels in Anime Detour presented the Japanese sword arts - Samurai. In Anime Fusion, they invited guest to present the Korean sword art - Haidong Gumdo. The panel showed various aspects of training including patterns, partnered drills and cutting.



And of course I didn't miss the chance to be with the US fan-based Nasties and attend the panel dedicated for Eat Your Kimchi.


One of the panels that I attended served free cotton candy. Yay for sugar high!!! It was such a big hit to the convention goers that the man making it has been covered with cotton candy for doing it for hours. 




Dealer's Room - Japanese Stuffs and Goodies

I've always wanted to have my own kimono ever since I got a chance to wear a yukata. Dream fulfilled! I bought the complete set for it and other things that goes with it - undergarments, slippers, bag, and accessories.




Also bought a couple of nerdy T-shirts, Japanese snacks and finally my own copy of the Complete Series of Escaflowne DVD set.




Can't wait to go to the next Anime Convention! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment


credits to TAGA-DON