Pages

Saturday, July 16

The Dental Appointent part 2: Filling Experience

**Photo Source**
3 hours before the appointment, I decided to cook katsudon to satisfy my craving for it since last week. A yummy treat before heading out! As planned, I've arrived 5-10 minutes earlier. Just like my mom used to tell me "It's better to be early than late." which was passed down to her by my father.

Anna (dentist's assistant) put in a numbing gel on my gums to help me not feel the insertion of the needle to my gums. Few minutes later, my gums started to go numb and that's when the dentist injected the anesthesia. Even though they're saying that it will only feel like a pinch or the famous filipino lines "parang kagat lang ng langgam", I still don't like idea of any needle touching my skin or the feeling of something being injected in my body. @_@

There were times that I was tempted to take a nap since it was taking too long but I just can't because of the weird feeling of numbness plus the not so loud whining of the other patient about her aching teeth. Every minute that pass by seems like I've been waiting forever. o_0

The procedure was painless considering the amount of anesthesia put in there and how long they let it to set in my mouth. With all the tooth drilling (?), consistent mouth wide open, water splashing, and using a toy-like-gun (with an orange lighted tip) to point at the tooth were they put in the filling (I have no idea what's that for.. me no dentist ^_^ lol!) it was all worthy. Now, I can chew my food normally without pain and no more cavities. And the best part of it was all of the expenses was covered by my dental insurance. Well let's just say most of it. =)

Happy TEETH
Happy WALLET
Happy ME ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment


credits to TAGA-DON