Pages

Sunday, January 12

Beautiful Creatures....

A wonderful surprise Christmas package from my friend.. a complete set of the Caster Chronicle series: Beautiful Creatures.


Just finished reading Book 1: Beautiful Creatures and I find it an okay book to read. I'm not saying its boring but more of like its in the middle of my list of the books I like. Maybe because I was told beforehand while I was just starting to read the book that there was a movie for it so my attention was focus more on wanting to watch the movie rather than reading the book.



And because of that I ended up getting the movie for it. After watching it, I felt somehow disappointed on how the movie seems to be rushed. The movie was approx. 128 mins. long and some of the key scenes were cut out. So if you haven't read the book, you will be filled with questions how? when? why? throughout the movie or most likely your reaction will be "WTH just happened?"

Ok so maybe its because I just finished reading the book that I ended up having too much expectation for the movie. And so I learned my lesson once more: Old habits die hard. ~ Go figure...



One of the characters that I was really looking forward to see was Dr. Marian Ashcroft. Her character was taken out of the movie...(mini-SPOILER ALERT!!!) making Amma as the Gatlin librarian... sigh!! Though, I gotta say hands down to Emmy Rossum for doing such a good job on portraying Ridley Duchannes.



My momma said, (the very overly used line by Emily Asher and Savannah Snow in the movie that is very effectively annoying!!!) "Now on to start reading Book 2: Beautiful Darkness...."



Who knows, I might have a change of heart for it after I finish reading the second book... ^_^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

DARKNESS cannot drive out darkness; Only LIGHT can do that. HATE cannot drive out hate; Only LOVE can do that. 
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment


credits to TAGA-DON