Pages

Saturday, January 5

For You In Full Blossom: (My) Drama Review



To The Beautiful You / For You In Full Blossom
(Hana Kimi Korean Version)



Video Published on Aug 13, 2012 by

For more details about this drama (Making Films, Synopsis, etc) click here to view my previous post about it.

Hana Kimi originated from a shojo manga written by Hisaya Nakajo. Since then the manga has been adapted into 4 live action dramas:

[WIKIPEDIA ~ HANA-KIMI]
  • 2006: Hanazakarino Kimitachihe - It starred Ella Chen of S.H.E, Wu Chun and Jiro Wang of Fahrenheit and Danson Tang. The adaption was aired on Chinese Television System (CTS) and Gala Television (GTV) Variety Show/CH 28 from November 2006 for 15 episodes.
  • 2007: Hanazakari no Kimitachi e -  It starred Maki Horikita, Shun Oguri and Toma Ikuta. The adaption was aired on Fuji Television from July to September 2007 for 12 episodes.
  • 2011: Hanazakari no Kimitachi e 2011 - It starred Atsuko Maeda of Japan's popular girl group AKB48, Aoi Nakamura and Shohei Miura. The adaption was aired on Fuji Television from July to September 2011 for 11 episodes.
  • 2012: To The Beautiful You - It starred Sulli Choi of f(x), Choi Min Ho of SHINee and Lee Hyun-woo. The adaption aired on SBS from August to October 2012 for 16 episodes.
Since I've only seen 2 out of 4 adaptations (2007 and 2012), there might be some comparisons in this review. Yes, I'll be a bit bias about it as well ;p and so you have been warned!! (^_^)V


Goo Jae Hee (Sulli Choi - F(x)) and Kang Tae Joon (Choi Min Ho - Shinee)
Both came from a Kpop group and have showed potential acting skills in this drama. One of the minor setbacks that they need to work on (my humble opinion) is their lack of expression in some of the scenes.

Cha Eun Gyol (Lee Hyun Woo)
 Which hairstyle do you prefer??

Dr. Jang Min Woo (Ki Tae Young)
 Gotta love a doctor with a sense of fashion!! ^_^

Sangchu (For You In Full Blossom 2012)
 Gomenasai Yuujiro, I love your bandana but Sangchu is cuter.


Yuujiro (Hana Kimi 2007)

Goo Jae Hee
I can't find a picture of Mizuki Ashiya (Horikita Maki, Hana Kimi 2007) dressed as a girl and I think even if I do find one I'll still give the best Wink Smile to Goo Jae Hee.

Cha Eun Gyol's Monologue
One of the few things that comes to mind with Hana Kimi Japan 2007 is Nakatsu's funny monologue moments. Can't help myself to expect the same thing for the korean version.


 
Random Thoughts:
  • Did anybody else notice the disappearance of Hwang Kwang Hee in the last two episodes??
  • There were lots of phones and iPads used in this drama. Time for the sponsors??? ;p
  • Boys in shorts = Classic 

I finished watching this drama last year and finally got a chance to recollect my thoughts and write a review for it now. Every time I decide to finish it, I get sidetracked by other things and ended up watching 2 more Kdramas (Faith and City Hunter) leaving this review to be stagnant for a long time. ;p

It might take a while (or never) for me to remember what other things I wanted to say about this drama.. So I'm just going to update it whenever I remember it. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment


credits to TAGA-DON