Pages

Sunday, March 25

Hunger Games (My) Movie Review

Source: (Photos and Plot) The Hunger Games Official Website

The Hunger Games
PLOT:
Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the evil Capitol of the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. A twisted punishment for a past uprising and an ongoing government intimidation tactic, The Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which "Tributes" must fight with one another until one survivor remains.



Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she’s ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
Oh yeah! Its a movie night hangout!!! Who cares if its Rated PG-13, doesn't matter... Who cares if the movie started at 11:10pm, at least we get the chance to watch the trailer for Twilight: Breaking Dawn part 2 (showing on November 16!!!), Who cares if it was $10, it was money well spent for the 2-hrs. entertainment, Who cares if I need to drive around midnight, its more safe and relaxing driving at night with no other cars just you conquering the road, who cares whatsoever this movie ROCKS!!! It was SO GOOD its all worthy...

Since Harry Potter is done and Twilight is ending, this movie will be the next spark to the imagination of fantasy lovers and avid readers of this book ~ The Hunger Games, with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Blog and even pastries invading the web..

Photo Source: http://crumbsanddoilies.blogspot.com/
So you might ask why is this movie such a hit to a lot of moviegoers (that has read and not read the book), here's a couple of reasons that I can think of:



1) The Story....

After watching the trailer for the first time, I just knew I need to watch it. I thought its something I shouldn't miss. Even though I haven't read the book, I find it really interesting. Now it makes wonder if I'm going to be dissapointed about it if I had read the book.. hmm to read or not to read...

Though the movie has the usual storyline of economic social classes -- the gap between the rich and the poor, the strong and the weak, survival of the fittest, predictable deaths, annoying villains, and a little bit of a love triangle,  all of it spiced up the movie with a well blend of familiarism, excitement and freshness to some point that you can't stop yourself from wanting MORE!

 So aside from my instincts and the urge to watch it, I think it was the beautiful outlined story that attracts me most about this movie. 


2) The Cast...

Jennifer Lawrence stars as 'Katniss Everdeen'
I just want to say I very much admire her eyes.. those captivating tantalizing light green eyes.. 0_o It simply mesmerize me... ^_^ In some parts of the movie she reminds me of Lara Croft: Tombraider..

Josh Hutcherson stars as 'Peeta Mellark'

He didn't strike me any spark of interest in the beginning of the movie, but as he shows his romantic and self-pity personality thats when you start noticing him.

Liam Hemsworth stars as 'Gale Hawthorne'
Sorry Peeta but for me Gale is more charming and he captured my heart at first glance =)). Just let Katniss be with Peeta and you be mine hahaha.... (evil grin with batting eyelashes) >;-) LOL!!


Donald Sutherland stars as 'President Snow'
SO EVIL!!!!!

Amandla Stenberg stars as 'Rue'
This kid almost made me cry.. T_T

Elizabeth Banks as 'Effie Trinket'
 Is it just me or the colors are just so mind-boggling -_-;;


3) Special Effects..

The CGs in this movie is great.. Since I don't want to be a spoiler for those who haven't watch the movie or read the book yet, I'll try my best not to spill details for it... hmmm just watch for those beautiful sleek clothes on fire, wild dangerous dogs, super HD TV, main control unit, etc. hahahaha

So before I spill all of it go and watch the movie.... and..

"May the odds be in your favor...."

^_^

Source: (Photos and Plot) The Hunger Games Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment


credits to TAGA-DON